FAFSA & Financial Aid
- File your FAFSA.
- Complete financial aid office application
- Pay attention to any and all emails sent to you by the Financial Aid Office
- Also set up for direct deposit so you don’t get your money by snail mail
Financial Aid Inquiries
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid directly with any financial-aid related questions. Their office number is 210-567-2635 or visit
Veteran Services & Financial Aid
AAMC section on Paying for Medical School
Our school has awarded scholarships for entering medical students, in addition to travel awards and other competitive scholarships throughout your four years here. Students who have completed the necessary documents are eligible for various types of scholarship awards. Most of our students will benefit from these funds, and they help to defray the amount of loans you will need throughout medical school.
In order to be eligible for any scholarship awards, it is VERY important to do two things:
1. Fill out your FAFSA, and put our school in the list of six schools that you can enter.
2. Fill out our scholarship application. The official application is open to you after Registrar processing, and you will receive notice by the Financial Aid Office. Much of this information is already in your TMDSAS application, so you can copy and paste, to save you a little time. Use the previous year’s application, linked below, as a template to get started in advance.
In addition, our out-of-state students are eligible for competitive scholarships that will allow them in state tuition, a value of nearly $75,000.
Read more in these links, there are many helpful tips:
General Information: Scholarships
The Long School of Medicine specific: LSOM Scholarships
Sample Application Template: Sample Scholarship Application 2016
Thank you for your time and help!
Director, Office of Trust Fund Administration
Texas Medical Association
401 W. 15th St.
Austin, TX 78701
Direct Phone: (512) 370-1600
Fax: (512) 370-1693