Long School of Medicine Admissions Process
Applications to the Long School of Medicine are reviewed by the Admissions Committee using an holistic review process. Holistic review is a flexible, individualized way of assessing an applicant’s capabilities by which balanced consideration is given to experiences, attributes, and academic metrics and, when considered in combination, how the individual might contribute value as a medical student and physician. There is not particular order of preference or weight on the experiences, attributes or metrics. Find out more details on each section below.
What’s next? How am I notified?
- Notified by email (LongSOM@uthscsa.edu) 2-4 weeks in advance of interview date(s) (check your spam/junk folders)
- Select your interview date from 3 available dates
- Letters of Recommendation or Health Professions Committee Packets are not required for the screening/interview process
- CASPer results results are not required for the screening/interview process (see “What’s Next” below for additional information)
The Big Day
Long School of Medicine Interview Day
- 25 interview days hosted August through December
- Held on Fridays and a few Tuesdays
- Day begins at 8:30 am and ends by 4:00 pm
- Learn all about our curriculum, match success, & student support
- 2 – 30 minute interviews (Typically with a faculty & 4th year medical student)
- Student interaction throughout the day
- Campus tours
What should you do after you’ve interviewed at our school?
- Submit your CASPer scores (takecasper.com)
- Confirm TMDSAS has received your letters of recommendations via your TMDSAS portal
- You’ll receive email updates from us periodically throughout the cycle
- We are NOT Pre-Match offer heavy so most offers will be during the Match
- All interviewed applicants are in a wait list pool until an offer of admission is extended
- If you have additional updates to your application after submission, please email your update to LongSOM@uthscsa.edu in PDF format and name your document “Last Name, First Name, TMDSAS ID, Document Title”.
Out of State Applicants (OOS)
- OOS Residents do not participate in the TMDSAS Match
- We will send out a few early offers beginning October 15th
- Most OOS offers are sent out after the TMDSAS Match (February 1st)