Long School of Medicine Admissions Process
Applications to the Long School of Medicine are reviewed by the Admissions Committee using an holistic review process. Holistic review is a flexible, individualized way of assessing an applicant’s capabilities by which balanced consideration is given to experiences, attributes, and academic metrics and, when considered in combination, how the individual might contribute value as a medical student and physician. There is not particular order of preference or weight on the experiences, attributes or metrics. Find out more details on each section below.
What’s next? How am I notified?
- Notified by email 2-4 weeks in advance (check your spam)
- Email: LongSOM@uthscsa.edu
- Choose between 3-4 Dates
- We don’t need your Letter of Recommendations
- We don’t need your CASPer results
The Big Day
Long School of Medicine Interview Day
- We host 25 Interview Days
- August through December
- 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Learn all about our curriculum, match success, & student support
- 2 – 30 minute interviews (Typically with a faculty & 4th year medical student)
- Student interaction throughout the day
What should you do after you’ve interviewed at our school?
- Submit your CASPer scores
- Confirm TMDSAS has received your letters of recommendations
- Submit any letters of interest and/or application updates to LongSOM@uthscsa.edu
- You’ll receive email updates from us periodically throughout the cycle
- We are NOT Pre-Match offer Heavy so most offers will be during the Match
- All interviewed applicants are in a wait list pool until an offer of acceptance is sent out.
- BE PATIENT!