Get involved, challenge yourself, engage with people who have different perspectives and connect with fellow students and faculty. There are numerous ways to enhance your medical school experience through participation in student organizations, committee service, special programs, community service and leadership opportunities. Student involvement is essential to the success of the Long School of Medicine and the broader UT Health San Antonio community.
Special Interest Groups
There is a special interest group for nearly every group or area of interest. These are just a few examples, visit the Student Life website for a full list of groups and activities.
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Asian Pacific American Student Association (APAMSA)
- Latin Medical Student Association (LMSA)
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- Jewish Student Association
- Christian Medical Dental Association
- UTHSCSA PRIDE
Leadership & Mentoring
Students leaders have a role in shaping the present and future of our medical school through student government or service on standing committees. Students also serve as peer mentors through Veritas, the student advising system.
Community Service and Outreach
Our students serve local communities in San Antonio and South Texas, as well as providing care to individuals around the world through programs sponsored by the Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics. Visit their site for a complete list.
- Student-Faculty Collaborative Practice
- Refugee Health Clinic
- Frontera de Salud